Elliott & Company was founded by Peter Elliott in 1991 to offer a bespoke civil and structural engineering service to Architects and Clients working on the conservation and alterations of older buildings and the design of modern highly detailed structures. He leads a team who take pride in being problem solvers, and who offer a wealth of experience in working with different materials.
- We have a committed team of Engineers who are passionate about design and take pride in their work
- We have built up a sound reputation for Conservation on Listed Buildings and Scheduled Ancient Monuments and have considerable knowledge of traditional and specialist building forms of the 18th, 19th and early 20th century
- We enjoy working with a broad range of Clients ranging from the National Trust of Scotland, HES, University of Edinburgh to Commercial Developers and Private Clients
- We work on projects throughout Scotland and in the North of England
- Our buildings have won many special awards – please refer to our Awards page
Peter set up the practice in 1991 after working with a number of firms including Ove Arup & Partners Scotland, Cundall Johnson & Partners and Whitby & Bird. He has developed an international reputation for working on listed and scheduled buildings through his considerable knowledge of traditional and specialist building forms, particularly those used in Scotland. He is a fellow of the Institution of Structural Engineers, Member of Institution of Civil Engineers and Associate Member of The Chartered Institute of Arbiters, fellow of the Society of Antiquaries Scotland and has served as Vice-President of ISCARSAH (ICOMOS’ international scientific committee for structural conservation).
BSc CEng FIStructE MICE ACIArb FSAScot
John joined the practice in 2013 having previously worked for large international consultants on a variety of UK and overseas projects including British Embassies in Africa and Asia. He has worked across a wide range of sectors including education, healthcare, commercial, residential and leisure and has a particular interest in conservation of historic structures. Recent projects include conservation of Old Castle Lachlan, Loch Fyne, repairs to historic glasshouses for the National Trust of Scotland and structural design for an award winning sculpture at the Fourth Plinth, Trafalgar Square. John is a Chartered Engineer and an Approved Certifier of Design under the SER scheme for Certification of Design (Building Structures) in Scotland.
MEng (Hons) CEng, MICE and SER Certifier
Jemima is Practice Administrator and has been involved in developing the business since it was founded in 1991. A historian by training, she encourages our team to refer to original sources and make good use of our extensive library. She is passionate about conservation and restoration of historic buildings and takes an active interest in all aspects of our project work as well as being responsible for financial reporting and administrative matters.
MA (Hons) FSAScot